My garden


A few of the tulips I planted in the fall survived the hunger of the squirrels and are now blooming quite nicely. Squirrels have expensive taste when it comes to tulips! I also planted a few fancier varieties, but the squirrels bit the heads right off of those as soon as they started peeking out. The plain old red and yellow blooms appear to be safe from their greedy jaws though. Now I know what to choose for next season and I find the red and yellow ones just as beautiful as the fancier blossoms anyway.

PS: The angels came with the house and I'm just too lazy to move them to the basement.

12 comments:

Paul in Powell River said...

I miss my garden! - the downside of condo living. But I have a few planters that I'll have to fill up soon.

Cezar and Léia said...

The angels look nice indeed, let them enjoy the coming summer... :)
God bless you!
Cezar

SRQ said...

The tulips are beautiful and the angels are a wonderful addition. Let them watch over the flowers and enjoy the outdoors!

RedPat said...

The angels look rather cute there!

Regina K said...

Those little angels bring your tulips into better view. Too bad they can't keep those pesty squirrels away

Randy said...

So lovely.

Hilda said...

Tulips cannot grow in Manila so these are gorgeous to me! And the angels are cute, don't worry. :)

Now I understand why my brother hates squirrels.

VioletSky said...

I am glad you have these tulips that survived the massacre!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous tulips! I had no idea squirrels eat flowers.

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm so glad you got to enjoy at least some of the tulips you planted!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Lovely shot!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Yup I like the angels too Halcyon, they look lovely there and I love learning something new everyday..I did not know that squirrels ate flowers, no wonder they're considered such a pest!!

Post a Comment

I hate the new word verification. Since I have trouble reading those "words", I am assuming others do too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...