Mausoleum doorway


I recently took a tour around the York Cemetery. It may sound morbid, but I love cemeteries. I find them fascinating and there's plenty of photographic fodder. This particular mausoleum is quite new and modern. Each honoree gets their own glassed in shelf where their loved ones can put some photos and treasures on display. It was really tasteful and gave a small glimpse into the lives of these loved-ones who have passed on.

Hope you are enjoying One a Day from Toronto on auto pilot. I've still got more old-timers on my travel blog so don't forget to stop by!

4 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Beautiful, charming, modern...I love this entrance!
Léia

Jack said...

I agree with you about photographing cemeteries. This modern structure is probably a good place for families to remember and honor their losses. I was recently in Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah on a gorgeous spring day. It was special.

Lois said...

I like cemeteries too, especially really old ones.

tapirgal said...

I agree about cemeteries being fascinating places. Not only are they interesting and photogenic, but I like to think that people are remembered. I think I'm inspired to dig through my photos for some images I want to post. . . .

Post a Comment

I hate the new word verification. Since I have trouble reading those "words", I am assuming others do too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...